Make sure Transactions are activated from Jetpack CRM > Extensions > Core Modules.
Create your Transaction
To create a transaction, go to Transactions > Add New.
Next, fill in the following fields:
- Transaction Unique ID – this is pre-filled. You can edit it; however, ensure it will be a unique ID.
- Transaction Name – if possible, keep these the same if you routinely use common products here (they are used in the transaction index).
- Transaction Value – enter a number. If you need to change the currency, go to Jetpack CRM > CRM Settings > Locale and change the Currency Symbol option to your preferred currency.
- Transaction Date – enter the date or click on the calendar icon to select the date, and enter the time in 12hr format.
- Transaction Type – choose between Sale, Refund, or Credit Note.
- Description – enter a description for your transaction
- Assign Transaction to – choose a customer or company to assign the transaction. If you selected a customer, a Customer Invoice field would appear, letting you select an invoice assigned to the customer. If the transaction is a payment for an invoice, you can choose the particular invoice. Otherwise, leave it blank.
You can add a transaction tag and change the transaction status. Then, click Save Transaction to save the transaction.
Can transactions be automatically added to Jetpack CRM?
Transactions can automatically be added if you are using one of the following core modules or extensions:
When a customer completes a WooCommerce order, the contact and transaction will automatically be added or updated in Jetpack CRM.
The transaction status will automatically be updated based on the WooCommerce order status. So if the WooCommerce order has been paid, the Jetpack CRM transaction will also be marked as paid.
If that is not happening, you may want to check your WooCommerce Sync settings.
When a customer submits a payment through Stripe, the contact and transaction will automatically be added or updated in Jetpack CRM.
When a customer submits a payment through PayPal, the contact and transaction will automatically be added or updated in Jetpack CRM.
Can transactions be automatically assigned to invoices?
Transactions can automatically be assigned to invoices if you are using one of the following core modules or extensions:
An invoice will also be created if the “Create Invoices from WooCommerce Orders” option is enabled in Jetpack CRM > CRM Settings > WooSync. The transaction will automatically be applied to that invoice.
When using Invoicing Pro with Stripe or PayPal, the transaction will automatically be applied to the invoice when the payment is received.