Adding a New Contact in Jetpack CRM
Adding a new contact is simple in Jetpack CRM; all you need to do is fill in the details. You don’t need to know all the details to be able to add a customer but the more the better (more on this later). Note: Email address is a recommended requirement!
You can get to the ‘add contact’ screen by clicking ‘Contacts’ => ‘Add New’ from the top CRM bar, and if you can’t see that, click ‘Jetpack CRM => Contacts’ first:
- Status: Customer, Lead, Refused, etc. Use this to mark your customers and give your support team an easy way to know what type of customer they are (and help convert leads to customers etc)
- Prefix: Mr, Mrs, etc . Sometimes it helps to know the gender of your customer, you can send targeted communications that way. Super simple. Add it if you know it.
- First Name: Add it if you know it. Used throughout the CRM system.
- Last Name: Again, useful to store it if you have it.
- Addresses: Need to use a physical address at all (perhaps for sending a Christmas Card) then add it.
- Home Telephone: Easily drop customers a line
- Work Telephone: Again, useful to know
- Mobile Telephone: Want to SMS your customers about a new deal? Make sure you have this
- Email: Definitely keep this stored. Great for email campaigns and the glue which ties together Jetpack CRM and other tools
- Notes: Any specific customer notes which are good to refer back to (such as name of their first born child)
- Source: Where has the customer come from (you can edit these sources in options)
Do you need to add anything else for this customer, such as a scan of a recent utility bill, or a work order? Super easy and super useful.
Tagging your customer
You can add tags to your customers to help group them into smaller subsets. For example you might want to tag people with a VIP tag if they’ve purchased more than $1k with you.
The tags come in useful if you want to then send targeted email campaigns using the Mail Campaign extension.