Adding a New Contact in Jetpack CRM
Adding a new contact is simple in Jetpack CRM; all you need to do is fill in the details. You don’t need to know all the details to be able to add a customer but the more the better (more on this later). Note: Email address is a recommended requirement.
You can get to the “add contact” screen in a couple different ways:
- Go to Jetpack CRM > Contacts, and click the “Add New Contact” button.
- From any Jetpack CRM admin page, go to Contacts > Add New from the top menu.
Add all of the details you know. The more, the better! Email address is a recommended requirement.
- Status: Select a status (lead, customer, etc.) so you can easily see what type of customer they are and track them through your sales process (convert leads to customers, etc). You can customize the statuses in your contact field option settings.
- Prefix: Mr, Mrs, etc. Sometimes it helps to know the gender of your customer so you can send targeted communications. You can customize the prefixes in your contact field option settings.
- First Name: Used throughout the CRM system, such as on invoices, etc.
- Last Name: Used throughout the CRM system, such as on invoices, etc.
- Addresses: Used throughout the CRM system, such as on invoices, etc. Great for sending cards and physical items to customers.
- Home Telephone: Useful if you regularly interact with customers via telephone.
- Work Telephone: Useful if you regularly interact with customers via telephone.
- Mobile Telephone: Want to SMS your customers about a new deal? Make sure you have this.
- Email: This is the main identifier CRM uses for contacts. It’s used throughout the CRM system, and is great for email campaigns, and is the glue that ties Jetpack CRM together with other tools, such as WooCommerce.
- Notes: Any specific customer notes which are good to refer back to (such as name of their first born child)
You can add tags to group contacts into smaller subsets. For example, you might want to tag people with a VIP tag if they’ve purchased more than $1K with you.
Tags also come in useful if you want to send targeted email campaigns using the Mail Campaign extension.