While there are other guides on CSV Importer (free and PRO), this guide is specifically about the Mapping step, which we think would benefit from a clear explanation. If you’re looking for a general guide, please see Getting started with CSV Importer.
How to map fields in CSV Importer (Free or PRO)
Follow these steps to map any fields you have from (1) Your CSV File to (2) Your CRM fields (including custom fields, if using CSV Importer PRO).
- If you’re using CSV Importer PRO, install that first (it’s an extension in our CRM Bundle), if you’re using just the free default CSV Importer, skip this step.
- Click “Tools” from the top menu, then “CSV Importer”
- Import your file (which we’ll call EXAMPLECSV.csv here), then click upload to be presented with the following page: (“Jetpack CRM CSV Importer: 2 Map Fields”)
- Beneath the horizontal rule after the first explanation paragraph you’ll see fields in boxes. Each of these boxes represents 1 column from your file (EXAMPLECSV.csv). e.g. This following image shows a field where the title was “Prefix” (titles are shown if you have included these in your CSV as first line, otherwise this’ll show whatever was in this column for the first line.
- For each field you’ll need to click the drop down and select a CRM field to map this column too. e.g. In the following image the column “Last Name” will be mapped to “Last Name” in the CRM.
- It’s a good idea to check through each of these mappings after you’ve selected them because you can’t edit them after this. Remember: Each box represents 1 column in your CSV file, and each drop down selection represents a CRM field. It’s “Map CSV Field -to-> CRM Field”.
What about custom fields?
To import custom fields you’ll need to be using CSV Importer PRO. Once you’ve got that installed, you can select any Custom fields you may have set up from the drop down selector for CRM Fields.
e.g. In the following example, we’re mapping “EngineSize” column (from the CSV file), to the CRM Custom Field named “Engine Size”.
How to map Company fields
Company fields can be mapped with CSV Importer PRO.
1. Make sure you enabled B2B Mode and CSV Importer PRO under Jetpack CRM > Extensions.
2. Go to Jetpack CRM > Data Tools > CSV Importer Pro, and download the example CSV files,
Customer Import CSV including Company (B2B):
3. Fill out contact and company information.
Note: Make sure that the contacts belonging to the same company have identical company information (e.g., company emails should match for contacts with the same company)
4. Run the importer and map company fields:
5. You should be able to find company information imported to your CRM.