Using Zapier gives you a way to automate your workflows when using Jetpack CRM through the use of the Jetpack CRM API.
Having this as an option really helps to boost what you can do with the CRM. Before using Zapier though check out our extensions which can do a lot already (and save your ZAPs for more esoteric operations).
Step 1: Enable the Jetpack CRM API
You do this under the extensions manager of the plugin. Once the API is activated it will give you the credentials that you need to connect your install of Jetpack CRM with Zapier.
Step 2: Get Access to our Zapier App
Before Jetpack CRM will show up in the available apps you need to have access to the app. Our Zapier App is currently available for Entrepreneur Bundle and Resellers. The Zapier App in Invite Only so once you’ve purchased contact us and let us know (put Zapier Access as your subject line).
Step 3: Connect your Jetpack install
When you create a ZAP and choose ‘Jetpack CRM’ as the Trigger you’ll be asked to connect your Jetpack CRM App.
You get these credentials from the API tab on the Jetpack CRM Admin Settings (make sure you’ve enabled the API in the extensions manager).
Note: If you get a 404 when trying to connect Zapier, try re-saving your permalinks settings and connecting Zapier again.
Step 4: Create a Zap
Once you are logged into Zapier you can create a Zap and then have this trigger an action in Jetpack CRM.
What can I use Zapier for with Jetpack CRM?
Here’s some of the common tasks that we use at Jetpack CRM to help with our business operations.
Jetpack CRM (trigger) to -> [OTHER APP] (action)
- We log all new transactions into a Google Sheet. This helps us massively when it comes to book-keeping and transaction analysis
- We setup a notification email on a new customer to automate notifying us that there’s been a new customer added (so we don’t miss a follow up)
[OTHER APP] (trigger) to -> Jetpack CRM (action)
- If we get a new subscriber to our ConvertKit email list, we’ll automate them being added to the CRM as a ‘Lead’ making a note that ‘Customer X has subscribed to the list’ in the Customer Activity Log
There’s much more you can do here using Zapier, take a look at the app that they support and you’ll be able to connect your CRM up either as the trigger (to trigger something in another app) or as the recipient (to be triggered when something happens in another app).
It’s really powerful and helps automate some of the mundane tasks. Running Jetpack CRM, Zapier and complimenting with our powerful extensions, running Jetpack CRM as your CRM becoming the ever more popular choice amongst Entrepreneur’s.
If you want a simple CRM that can connect to automations and power up with extensions, Jetpack CRM gives you just that.
Our Zapier integration is still a work in progress, so there may be bugs!
If you get a 404 response, this typically means one of the following:
- No static homepage is set. Please make sure you have a static homepage enabled in WordPress.
- A conflicting permalinks setting.
- The API is not enabled in Settings -> Extensions.
- Plugin/theme conflicts. Try disabling all other third-party plugins and themes temporarily to test.
Note: It’s not currently possible to pass on custom field data via Zapier.