The Jetpack CRM Funnel visualisation looks like this:
The funnel visualisation is based on the contact statuses you’ve specified in your settings. You can change those settings, which will change the funnel visualisation, by following these steps:
- Go to Jetpack CRM > CRM Settings > Field Options.
- Scroll down to the “Funnels” section.
- In the “Funnel statuses” field, enter whichever contact statuses you want to appear in your funnels. Those contact statuses need to also be defined in the “contact status” field on that same settings page.
- Click the “Save Field Options” button to save your changes.
Please be aware that the funnel is backfilled. That means if you have a date range of 1st Feb 2019 to 28th Feb 2019, it will include all contacts added within that date range. The first column will be the sum of all the statuses being tracked. So if your contact breakdown for February looks like this:
- 100 Lead status
- 25 Contacted status
- 50 Tried Demo status
- 20 Customer status
Then the funnel numbers would be:
- 195 “Lead”
- 95 “Contacted”
- 70 “Tried Demo”
- 20 “Customers”
That is, it will backfill and assume that all customers tried the demo, and all contacted also tried the demo (even if in reality they may have skipped that step).
It will not include anyone who became a customer in February (but who was added in January).
Analysing Drop Off
In the funnel chart, you can see the drop off percentages underneath the chart. This lets you see where to focus your efforts. If you have a high drop off between “contacted” and “tried demo” for example, then you may want to look at why people aren’t taking that next step.
The other table of information included in the Jetpack CRM Funnels extension is the table of conversion data. This shows you, over the past 12 months, the total value of your transactions, as well as the “lead time” it has taken for the transaction to happen.
So, for example, in March 2019 you may have had 30 transactions happen, but what this table shows you is that of those, they were made up of
- 25 transactions from contacts who joined in March 2019
- 3 from contacts who joined in Feb 2019
- 1 from someone who joined in December 2018
- and 1 from someone who joined in November 2018
It lets you see and analyse at which point your contacts make the purchase (compared to when they first joined you as a lead)