Jetpack CRM has evolved significantly from the first release. We’ve gone through several iterations of our database model, and as a result we’ve had 2 major database migrations (DB1 -> DB2, and DB2 -> DB3).
We always ask you to backup your database before a migration, to ensure no data is lost. But to further ensure your data is safe, we also create a migration cache as we migrate your objects from one database setup to the next.
While this protection mechanism is useful, you may want to ‘clear out’ this data once you’re happy your CRM data has been successfully migrated. This guide explains how to clear your migration cache, but please be aware, there is no way to ‘undo’ this, so please do not proceed unless you are certain you understand this risk & that your data is sound in the latest version of the CRM.
*Feature available from v3.0.12+
How to clear your migration backup cache
1. Go to Jetpack CRM > System Assistant. Click the “System Status” tab, then click v3 Migration Logs.
2. Click View Migration Cache
3. Click Clear Migration Cache
4. Read the warning, and when you’re sure, click Clear Migration Cache.
5. That’s it, you’re done. Jetpack CRM will have removed the migration cache created by its migration routines.