Jetpack CRM has evolved significantly from the first release. We’ve gone through several iterations of our database model, and as a result we’ve had two major database migrations (DB1 -> DB2, and DB2 -> DB3).
We always ask you to backup your database before a migration, to ensure no data is lost. To further ensure your data is safe, we also create a migration cache (from v3.0.12+) as we migrate your objects from one database setup to the next.
You may want to clear out this cached data once you’re sure your CRM data has been successfully migrated. This guide explains how to clear your migration cache.
Note: there is no way to undo this, so please do not proceed unless you are certain you understand this risk, and that your data is sound in the latest version of the CRM. We also highly recommend making sure you have a site backup, including the database, beforehand.
How to clear your migration backup cache
- Go to Jetpack CRM > System Assistant, or hover over your Gravatar (profile image) at the top left of any Jetpack CRM admin page, and click “System Assistant”.
- Click the “System Status” tab.
- Scroll down to the “Administrator Tools” section at the bottom of the page, and click the “v3 Migration Logs” button, which will open a “Migration Complete Report” status page.
- Click the “View Migration Cache” button.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click the “Clear Migration Cache” button.
- Read the warning and ensure you want to permanently delete the cache, then click the “Clear Migration Cache” button again.